Profile of International Home Buying Activity in the U.S. From the National Association of Realtors
Download (PDF: 4.56 MB)
This report is based on a survey of REALTORS® about Existing Home Sales to resident and non-resident foreigners over the time period April 2014 through March 2015.
- Approximately 209 thousand houses are estimated to have been sold to foreign buyers over the time period, approximately 4 percent of total Existing Home Sales.
- The total foreign sales dollar volume is estimated at $104 billion, approximately 8 percent of total Existing Home Sales dollar volume.
- Foreign clients paid on average nearly $500 thousand for a house, compared to the overall U.S. average house price of about $256 thousand.
- Sales to foreigners are split between resident and non-resident purchasers. Resident foreigners may be in the U.S. for business, educational, or other purposes. Non-resident foreigners are typically looking for a vacation or investment property.
- Five countries accounted for 51 percent of purchases by foreigners: Canada, China, Mexico, India, and the United Kingdom.
- Although foreigners purchased property nationwide, four states accounted for 50 percent of international sales: Florida, California, Texas, and Arizona.
- The percentage of REALTOR® respondents who reported working with international clients in the 12 months ending March 2015 increased by 7 percent over the previous year.
The post Profile of International Home Buying Activity in the U.S. appeared first here.
from Beverly Hills Real Estate-Beverly Hills Homes For Sale Luxury http://www.christophechoo.com/profile-of-international-home-buying-activity-in-the-u-s/
from Tumblr http://scarletpoling.tumblr.com/post/142762030060